Better Business Series

These four 90 minute workshops can be presented individually or in combination, and are designed to compliment one another. They are a great option for business and organizations interested in team-building, communication, presentation skills and a better workplace culture. 

 

WORKSHOP #1: CREATIVE CLIMATE - SAYING YES

In this workshop we take the mystery out of the term “creativity” and jump right into practical improv exercises to build a dynamic and playful environment. Participants will get a deeper understanding of what behaviors foster a creative atmosphere – trust, spontaneity, listening, playfulness, agreement – and how they can translate this into their everyday lives and interactions with co-workers.

Outcomes:

  • Improve team culture
  • Stimulate collaboration
  • Access group intelligence

 

WORKSHOP #2: DYNAMIC LISTENING - UNDERSTANDING BODY LANGUAGE

Explore the connection between active listening and public speaking. Only 10% of what we communicate is verbal, while the remaining 90% is conveyed through body language, tone and facial expressions. Get to know your own nervous tics and habits that might undermine you, and understand how power and status work as a continually fluid force in our interpersonal interactions. Understand how our actions relate to our needs and motivations.

Outcomes:

  • Improve communication
  • Deepen understanding of interpersonal power dynamics
  • Enhance self-awareness in group settings

 

WORKSHOP #3: PRESENT WITH PRESENCE - TELL YOUR STORY

Giving a presentation or leading a meeting, is a performance. Performers have been developing tricks to engage audiences and manage their pre-performance nerves for thousands of years. In this workshop we apply fundamental storytelling and acting principles to help you connect meaningfully with your audience, and tell a clear, compelling story.

Outcomes:

  • More dynamic presentations
  • Better networking
  • Confident communication

 

WORKSHOP #4: INNOVATE WITH IMPROV

In this class we will dig deeper into the art of improv and apply it to current innovation challenges in your organization. We will continue to sharpen our skills of trust, spontaneity, agreement, risk taking and getting out of your own way. (This workshop is the culmination of sessions #1-3, and is best offered as part of our Full Day Retreat package.)

Outcomes:

  • Increase innovation
  • Increase risk-taking
  • Increase confidence

 

 

All workshops are catered to the specific needs of your organization. 

 
Joyful Simpson helps participants find their creative spark
 

 

BETTER BUSINESS SERIES:

Select one 90-minute workshop

Choose from:

#1 Creative Climate - Saying Yes

#2 Dynamic Listening - Understanding Body Language

#3 Present with Presence - Tell Your Story

#4 Innovate with Improv - Embrace Fear

 

Half-Day Retreat

Choose two of the 90-minute workshops, above.

 

Full Day Retreat (can be split into two days)

All four 90-minute workshops, above.